Saturday, April 20, 2013

8th and Final Treatment

I had my eighth and final chemo treatment yesterday and it came not a week too soon. As I've said before, I've had an easier time of this than most cancer patients given my age, fitness level, and "easy" treatment plan, but it's still been a challenge these past couple rounds. I am very glad I won't be having two more months of this.  Snow is finally (slowly) starting to melt up here and I'm ready to get on with my life and enjoy our brief summer.

I will have another PET scan in the upcoming week just to confirm that there is no cancer showing and then I can have my port taken out.  Oh how I will miss it. After that, there will be another scan at 6 months and then CAT scans at regular intervals. Five years without a relapse is the official criteria for officially being cured but everyone seems to think I'm good to go.

2 comments: