Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Signing Off

Today I had the port removed from my chest which was a minor procedure that only took about 40 minutes with (hopefully) minimal complications. Since my last chemo session at the end of April, I've been feeling pretty good, just a little out of shape. Still, it will take 2-3 more months to get all of that toxicity out of my system and I am on a pretty ridiculous regimen of vitamin supplements right now. I never did lose all my hair or even come close, it just thinned out quite a bit. I think it's slowly starting to come back now but my mustache is definitely filling back in, as are my eyebrows.

I think this marks a good point to shut this blog down so I won't be posting on here anymore but I know at our wedding people were requesting more photos of our good times up here so I've started a new blog at http://monkeesinalaska.blogspot.com/. I'll try to keep this new one more about the photos than the words since nobody wants to listen to my rambling, much less read it.

Before I go, thanks to everyone for the words of support and encouragement and I'll leave you with a few choice photos:
Getting my last round of chemo

My highly organized and efficient system for keeping track of medical bills


Taking it "easy" during our Kauai getaway
My lil friend, no longer in my chest

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Forgot to meter the camera off of your white ass skin in that one photo.

    ReplyDelete