Friday, March 7, 2014

What Does Remission Mean to You?

What does the word remission mean to you? I'll tell you what it means to me: jackshit.  Remission is a fucking lie.  Nothing but a big fat lie. LIE LIE LIE LIE BIG FUCKING LIE. Sorry, I've made it point not to curse on this blog because I know family members and such read it, but at times it is appropriate and now is absolutely one of those times.

Remission is just a word the medical community uses when they can no longer see the cancer in the PET scan images. The problem with that is the fact that there is LOT those scans cannot detect. 1 billion cells (1,000,000,000) is the smallest tumor that is detectable by feel. 100 million cells (100,000,000) is the smallest tumor that is detectable in the PET scans. Below that number, they have no freaking clue what goes on, totally blind. You could have 99 million cancer cells and it wouldn't show in the scan and they'd call that complete remission, treatment stopped.  Remission is a lie.

By now, I'm sure you can tell where this is going. Transplant didn't work, some cancer lived through it, I have another sizable tumor in my chest...yadda yadda yadda. We were so close to going back to Alaska. One last scan and then we're outta....whoops. Slow down their cowboy, you're not going anywhere. Not unless you want to take your little friend(s) there with you. Still Hodgkins, still Stage I or II (of 4) so I'm not in imminent danger of dying (yay) but it does not want to be killed and it does come back FAST. Not a great combo.

What comes next: We don't know yet. We're still trying to get back to Alaska but the treatment we select will drive that. Lots of choices, pretty much none of them guaranteed to cure it. Looks like I'll be "managing" this for some time until they do come up with something. The main thing is I'm trying to avoid another transplant, this time with a donor. That's the only full cure available but I think the success rate is too low to justify the risks/awesome side effects at this point. Plus the first one worked so well!!!

So that's my story, have a great weekend! Clinical trials, here we come!

...and please, easy with the questions. Like I said, at this point we don't have the answer and every doctor we talk to has a different answer.

8 comments:

  1. And, you can have taylor ham, egg and cheese on hard roll and I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, hang in there and take care. We are pulling for you and wish you the best. Skiing and everything else will be there for you when you are ready. Stick with it tuff guy. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made this a crappy winter in Alaska just so you wouldn't feel tok bad about being somewhere else. Hang in there big guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is bogus. I could not hate Hodgkins or lying liar scanning equipment any harder.

    Still pulling for you, just with focusing a hate-ray on Hodgkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, you act quite restrained. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. People really need to talk about this more. Remission is better than NOT being in remission, but it really is a guessing game. Maybe some of the money that goes into developing new drugs should go into developing a way to better detect cancer. It would make life better a lot of people.

    Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to make search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady called peter Lizzy she was testifying  to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kind of disease and the herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_sakura for my younger sister help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whats app him +2348110114739  you can follow him up on Instagram @herbalist_sakura for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, I want to complement this site administrator for creating this platform I frequently get cold sores(which lasts for 5-6 days on my lips and its painful both physically and mentally) .. As a bodybuilder, I basically get outbreak due to the daily pressure and heat in the body.. Recently I stumbled upon my salvation. I found a herbal remedy to cure hsv completely, in just 4weeks ..

    I got to know about Dr Utu after seeing a lady's testimony online. I reached the doctor and I ordered for herpes herbal medicine. He sent the herbs to me and I started making use of them. In just 2days, the cold sores are cleared. 4weeks after medication, I went to the hospital for test of cold sores and it was completely NEGATIVE.

    By following every prescription, i was able to cure my cold sore in less than 4weeks. 100% natural herbs no after effect.
    Note: Please do let others know if this work for you.
    The doctor's email is drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    Note : follow all instructions accordingly..

    If you are sure that you have benefited from this African herbs be courageous to inform others.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete