Friday, December 21, 2012

Radioactive Man!

Went in for my PET scan today. Similar to the CT scan except they gave me a radioactive tracing agent. I was advised that this radioactive tracer was a) not harmful to me but b) I should avoid contact with pregnant women and small children for 8 hours following the scan.  Those two statements seem somewhat contradictory but who am I to question the experts. Anyway, avoiding pregnant women and small children isnt really a limitation up here.

I was told I could still play hockey that evening but found that my radioactive status did not increase my skill level or dissuade my oponents at all. Very disappointed.

On a lighter note, my parent's and sister will be coming out the day after Christmas to spend some time with us so we're both looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment