Monday, December 2, 2013

Transplant Day -1: Trapped!

Last day of chemo today and woke up PISSED! All morning people are in my room, just get OUT! A little more tired today but counts are still decent and feeling ok. Just need some damn privacy...and to get the F out. I know they're just trying to help but sometimes I just need to be left the hell alone. Without a doubt a cliche but this song just nails today's prevailing the mood:

Today's chemo was 2 sessions but both in the morning separated by an hour so. Done by lunch. This is the one that supposedly is going to "knock me down" a few days after the transplant. The call it the "melphalan blues" and supposedly it will include all the fun stuff: vomiting, diarrhea, mouth sores, and extreme fatigue. Not that I'm looking forward to it but at least that will feel like it's doing something. So far it's almost seemed like they've been giving me chemo placebo. Had another jailbreak in the afternoon when my mom came to visit and they are still none the wiser. Getting it while I can.

Tomorrow is the transplant which should happen around noon. The process is advertised as a lot more anticlimactic than it sounds. They basically just inject the stem cells back into my bloodstream via my port and supposedly they know what to do from their.  Then we're just waiting 10-14 days until they start regenerating on their own and my counts come up so I can get the hell out of here.

...and here's some more positive hardcore brought to you by Hatebreed. A little over-the-top jock-core I know, but it still has its time and place....like last month when I executed a perfect stage dive during a show in Reading in between chemo treatments. Can't stop the Monkee.

6 comments:

  1. Well, rats. If I'd known you were having privacy-violation issues, I would NOT have made up a fractions word problem about sharing pie with you and Julie. (Pumpkin mousse - the one with ice cream instead of evaporated milk - on a butter crust, ginger-snap-crumb thing. The kids were adamant about pie specificity.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude - good luck tomorrow! Missing you from Grand Junction. -F Julie and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speak in pig latin for the next hour, then pirate, then German. If they have to interrupt you and invade your privacy, make 'em pay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a dupy conqueror, mon!
    http://youtu.be/QGZo28IAv4o

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there kid. I wish there was some way I could help. We are pulling for you. Uncle Ed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody likes an angry Monkee!

    http://bit.ly/ICzTub

    ReplyDelete